SR - Ffynnon Gath Yule Revel

Jan Van Zandt mysticmarks at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 2 16:02:52 PST 1999

Greetings,

We wish to invite one and all to celebrate the season with us at our Yule
Revel, Saturday, December 18th.

The revel will be potluck.  We will be serving turkey and ham cooked in a
variety of ways. We ask that you bring a main dish if your mundane last name
is a-m or a dessert if it is n-z.  But most of all, bring yourselves.

There will games, music, a subletie contest, an outrageous heraldry contest
and good times with old and new friends.  Sir Corwin will hold his infamous
Pirate Swap gift exchange.  To participate in the Pirate Swap, please bring
a wrapped SCA-related gift (under $10.00).

There are a limited number of tables and chairs, so bring your own if
possible.  The site is wet - please use period containers.  no pets please.
Crash space is available - please call or e-mail ahead.  512-392-8141 (after
2pm), 512-396-7628.

Site fees are: $5:00 for adults; $2.50 for children 5-12; under 5 free.  The
site opens at 2:00pm and closes at 12:00 midnight.  There is a 10:00 quiet
curfew as there are mundane RVs in the area.

The site is located in the Leisure Camp and RV Park in Fentress.
>From IH 35 in San Marcos, take Hwy 80 South toward Luling.  Go through
Martindale (BEWARE, infamous speed trap), in Fentress turn right on FM 20
(Diamond Shamrock station), Turn left on Main Street.  You will see the
leisure camp and SCA signs.  You must stop at the camp office (there is a
stop sign) and sign in.  Site fees will be collected at the troll booth.

Wishing you a very merry holiday season,

HE Janais L'orfevre
Seneschal of the Shire of Ffynnon Gath