SR - CHILDREN REJOICE!!! (parents, too)

ldcharls at swbell.net ldcharls at swbell.net
Thu Feb 18 23:25:18 PST 1999

Casey&Coni wrote:

> Now, if any of you out there at large have a preference as to whether we
> should attempt to increase the amount of paper on Kiefs desk as the Earl
> Marshal or Annoras desk as the MoC, just pipe right on up.  To me, since
> they are officially *not* weapons, it makes more sense to put it under the
> MoC... but that's my arbitrary opinion.

  However, I can see some very good reasons to drop it on the
marshalate, since you'll need standards for armor, weapons, safety, and
control, just like you do for heavy and light weapons.

I have already got proposed rules
> on a taller-than-this-line/older-than-this-many-years basis complete with
> armor and weapon standards that I'll run past TRMs as soon as we can be in
> the same place at the same time.

  If you're talking about using 'weapons' with no rigid core, like the
pool noodles, I think the 'armor' requirements would only need to be
stuff like knee and elbow pads, gloves, maybe a cup. I would definitely
require eye protection, even with the pool noodles, just to be way on
the safe side.

Charles MacKinnon
Bryn Gwlad