SR - Interesting Idea.....

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Tue Feb 23 15:33:29 PST 1999

Greetings and Hi there,

We have seven groups in the region: Bjornsborg, Bryn Gwlad, Ffynnon Gath,
Middleford, Raven's Fort, Shadowlands and Tempio (it would be eight if we
include Emerald Keep).

There are seven champions that I can think of: A&S, Archery, Rapier,
Chivalric, Equestrian, Bardic and Children's.

What I suggest is that in a rotational manner each group does one of the
events each year.  For example: Middleford might do A&S this year, Archery
the next, Rapier the third year, Chivalic the forth and so on while each of
the other groups are doing the same thing.  Every one gets their chance to
do each event.  Should there be eight groups and only seven events; either
come up with another event or each group would get a bye in the rotation.

I would also suggest that the event rotation be maintained and administered
by the regional seneschal.

Weather is a possible factor each event faces.  I would hope flood prone
areas would be avoided.