SR - Interesting Idea.....

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Mon Feb 22 19:08:54 PST 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Gail P. Taylor <gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu>
To: <southern at Ansteorra.ORG>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 1999 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: SR - Interesting Idea.....
<snip>

>Feast or no feast?  I think no, unless someone really wants to cook one.
We DO
>have talented cooks in the region...but which group takes the risk for the
>outlay..or in case of flooding?

I hate to differ... but I think there should be a feast. As you have stated,
there are a number of talented cooks in the region... why not let their
talents shine as well during the event. I know we have had a number of
events hit with flooding this year.... that is not a common occurance.  A
feast also really adds to the ambience of the event, especially when it is
outdoors on a cool, clear moonlight night with candles all around.

Meadhbh
(who has cooked a few feasts in her day)
>Do we want it one day or two day?
>
>I can help organize.
>
>First of all, we need what...three groups?...to say yes, for this to fly.
>
>Do we want it largely sponsored by one group (they put money out) or do we
want
>to try to coordinate between groups (which can be difficult)?  Can teh
Southern