SR - Interesting Idea.....

Aelfuyn at aol.com Aelfuyn at aol.com
Fri Feb 26 14:14:20 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/26/99 6:25:49 AM Central Standard Time, pug at pug.net
writes:

<< Hmmm. I'm afraid I must disagree.

 As an A&S only person, there are many events I go do that are "fighting"
 events and not A&S events. You know how few "A&S" events there are a
 year around here? Let's see, Kingdom A&S/LPT, Gulf War A&S selection,
 and King's College. I've seen very few regional events or events in the
 region aimed at A&S, but instead are "fighting" events that might have
 thought about A&S as an afterthought. That doesn't stop me from going to
 events.

 As well, the last I checked, there are a few fighters who do artsy
 things fairly well. Isn't one of the Rapier fighters (I'm terrible with
 her name!) representing us in A&S at Gulf War this year? Didn't Sir
 Pendaran represent us last year in A&S at Gulf War? Wasn't Viscount Sir
 Galen the last Kingdom Bard? These are of course quick examples off the
 top of my head.

 Just my quick thoughts at 6 am.

Yes, my statement was a gross overgeneralization.  I should have qualified it,
as I am wont to do.  But I think there is some truth to it--that folks who are
primarily interested in A&S tend to allocate their time to A&S events and
those who are primarily interested in fighting tend to allocate their time to
fighting events.  My apologies for offending anyone--I had no intention of
slighting anyone or implying that the two interests could not reside in the
same breast.

AElfwyn