SR - Old Subject

Dory Grace amazing at texas.net
Tue Jan 19 16:14:02 PST 1999

Gilli wrote:
>There are many very good reasons for not making award insignia.  But if
>there are folks out there that didn't make any insignia because they thought
>it would make me look bad; sorry, didn't work.

By golly, Gilli, I believe you're right. I've not seen anyone do a better
job of making you look bad than you've done yourself.

>Your pettiness did however increase the possiblity that someone might not
>recieve the award they should get.

Gilli, you can't possibly believe that the Crown won't give an award if
they don't have a trinket handy, do you?

>But don't worry, I'll pick up the slack so that those who feel they have
>better things to do than to watch the glow that comes over someone's face as
>the Crown gives them an award they made, can go do them.  And for those who
>think that seeing someone wear one of thier insiginis is a trifile thing;
>well, I'll make a few dozen for them too.

I really don't know if you have any idea how this sort of thing sounds. You
might actually be innocent and completely clueless as to how it sounds,
despite drawing so much negative feedback and despite folks' repeated
attempts to inform you as to how you're coming off as sounding. Do you
really want to encourage folk to help create insignia/regalia? You can't
possibly be enjoying creating an atmosphere of irritation where you're
perceived as self-serving and self-aggrandizing, can you? If you really
*do* have the kingdom's best interest at heart, might I suggest that you
look for a more productive way of presenting yourself and your "challenge."
I can offer one suggestion right off the bat: what say you design a
challenge for creating insignia/regalia where you're not one of the
contestants? That alone would speak to good will and more of a concern in
rallying folk to a cause. I really believe that part of what's making you
look bad is your insistence on casting yourself as the star contestant in
your own personal contest.

>The challenge will continue.
>
>Gilli

So consider yourself as having a new challenge. I look forward to your
response.

Aquilanne

Dory Grace***The Inkwell

"No matter where you go, there you are."