SR - Regional name and tiresome old business

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Jan 19 20:46:23 PST 1999

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Michael A Scofield wrote:
> As noted by others, the task of checking out the possible names thru
> the heraldic name cruncher by Master Daniel is ongoing.  And since
> this is a volunteer organization, he can take whatever time he needs
> to get this done.

You are too kind, Ivar, and shame me into speaking frankly: I received
some data back from commenters (Baron Talan Gwynek the Great Name God
of the Middle All Hail, a Spanish lady from AEthelmearc, Aelfwyn in
Bjornsborg), but I simply forgot about the whole thing over Christmas.
I spoke to Mari ferch Bryan in Bryn Gwlad this evening.  She will be
busy for the next couple-three days (sending her first batch of
heraldic submissions to the Known World), but she says she'll add
comments after that.  I can collate the comments pretty quickly, I
think.

Please don't hesitate to prod me; I do often forget or let things
slide.  I am much as I was before; I don't get the awesome efficiency
of Da'ud ibn Auda, say, just from putting something around my neck.

Daniel "unless it's a noose -- now THERE'S a motivator" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com;
if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work address.