SR - titles, awards, and such ....

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Wed Jan 20 06:45:56 PST 1999

On 20 Jan 99, at 0:01, Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:

> Another digression, I'm afraid.  (You're probably afraid too.)
>
> On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, j'lynn yeates wrote:
> > Are you referred to as milord Wolf
>
> No, he's not.  "Milord" and "milady" are not titles and not styles, so
> it's incorrect to use them as such.  "Oh, *you're* Wolf!  ...

get a lot of that (g) ... somehow the rumour got started that i was a escaped
free-ranging AI with anachronistic interests that was hold up in a server in
somewhere a east side garage.  lest the rumour perpetuate, i am very much a
corporal entity ... if there's a large, black & chrome harley sitting in the
parking, i'm around somewhere, usually easy to find.

good digression on the titles thing ... the (mis)use of the "m-word" has always
been something that set my teeth to grating for going onto 25 years.  almost as
annoying as the "speaking in tonques" (also known as rennies syndrome) when
people start channeling their long dead elizabethan grandmothers ... could be
worse i suppose, could be the new-age atlantean reincarnate types who tend to
gravitate to the wiccan groups.

'wolf
... i am the lizard king! .... pardon, wrong decade

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves