SR - focus on matters of importance .... was: Old subject

Martin Wolverton Wolvie at htcomp.net
Thu Jan 21 10:53:58 PST 1999

Dieterich

P.S.  Hanse, on the other hand, entirely agrees with you, Gilbert. God
forbid it if they ever allow the middle class to purchase rank; Hanse would
hock his mother for an Award of Arms and would carry a sign around that said
"ARMIGER" to let us all know.

Purchasing rank?  As was done in many armies prior to the mid 19th century or so?  I love it.  So how much would that knighthood cost?  ;->
Seriously though, I agree that the trinket is worth far less than the actual award itself.  Although I admit that I might not be qaulified to comment on this as I have never been awarded an award in my 10 years in the society.  (and probably would not bother to wear any trinket if I was to get one..)
Oh well, this thread is not really about awards and insignia anyway.  It is about egos.

Friedrich von Magdeburg