SR - Old Subject

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Tue Jan 19 17:10:51 PST 1999

Aquilanne writes:

>Gilli, you can't possibly believe that the Crown won't give an award if
>they don't have a trinket handy, do you?

Absolutely!!!!!  Been there seen it.  In fact they'll even give out an award
without the paper to go with it.  I've had that happen to me.

>By golly, Gilli, I believe you're right. I've not seen anyone do a better
>job of making you look bad than you've done yourself.

So, tell me, how many did you or any other Peerage contribute to the Kingdom
this last reign?

>You can't possibly be enjoying creating an atmosphere of irritation where
you're
>perceived as self-serving and self-aggrandizing, can you?

Actually, I'm having a gran time seeing folks get imbarrased.

>I can offer one suggestion right off the bat: what say you design a
>challenge for creating insignia/regalia where you're not one of the
>contestants?

I'm not a contestant.  I am the contest.  I get nothing except depressed if
I win.  Beat me and you win and so does the Kingdom, or did you all miss
that little point.  It's just like King of the hill.  I would have hoped
that what I am trying to do here would have been a bit more plain.  Let me
try explaining it another way.

I can only talk about since Sutan was King, before than I'm not sure.  But
since then every Crown has had to ask for insignia and scrolls to recognize
people in this Kingdom.  No matter how many I turned in, ( I will admit that
it worked out that on some reigns I was able to do more than on others) they
still needed more.  I don't want to even think about those who didn't get
recognized because of a lack of materials.  So this is my effort to end that
need.  Between the first challenge at Warlord and the one for Coronation I
turned in 238 Comets, Cranes, Thistles, Rising Stars and Compasses Roses
(with 150 counting at Coronation).  I was hoping that all 5 regions would
beat me that would have been over 900 insignia.

Your arguments would have some vallidity if you made insignia and just
turned them in to the Crown.  How many of you made insignia and did that so
you wouldn't participate in the challenge?  Better yet how many of you who
normally contribute to each Crown did that?

I'm only one guy.  A whole region full of the talent like we have in the
southern region should be able to beat *one guy*.  You all want me to stop
the challenge, then beat me.  That's pretty simple.  I'll even tell you how
many you'll need.  Between now and the next Coronation I will turn in to HL
Michelle 150 insignias.  All you need is 151.  Now, if you really want to
teach me a lesson, get the other regions to do that too.

>So consider yourself as having a new challenge. I look forward to your
>response.

I challenged first.   I still hold the field so to speak.  You all beat me
at mine then I'll accept yours.

Gilli