SR - Regional name and tiresome old business

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Tue Jan 19 20:38:56 PST 1999

Ivar writes:

>And directly to Gilli, I say this:
>
>The insignia you have been "producing" for the Kingdom are an insult to
>the people who get them. A cheap, cookie cutter insignia is worse than
>getting an award without the insignia. Bjornsborg was sent a bunch of
>your "insignia"  for the awards given at our October event. As far as I
>know, each and every one of them will be replaced, or already have been,
>by insignia made with love and an appreciation of the meaning of the
>award.

Thank you for your apprisail of my work.  However, you are totally wrong on
the construction method.

Each one was individual cut from a double shoulder of 9 - 10 oz leather.
Front and bach sides beveled and burished.  The pattern of the charge was
placed by hand on each disc of leather.  Depending on the insignia being
tooled, it takes 30 minutes to an hour to tool each one.  They are then died
and hand painted.  After any touch ups that may be need a protective coating
is applied.  The final stage is to put attach a ring and leather thong to.

But had you taken the time to examine the insignia closely, you would have
noticed that while they are all the same they are each differant.  Sorry, I
can't get them all the exact same way.  Everyone of the last batches of
insignia were tooled during lunch or slack time at work.

Gilli  just blown his horn again