SR - Regional name and tiresome old business

eirik eirik at n-link.com
Wed Jan 20 11:52:00 PST 1999

BTW, Daniel is a Pelican because of the work he has done for many years
without ever beating his own drum, EVER! In fact he probably still
doesn't think he deserves the honor, though he is wrong about that. As an
aside, the number of Peers who went around blowing their own horn are
very small, and will remain so if most of the other Peers have anything
to do with it.

I agree that there are a lot of people in this kingdom who do things and
most people don't see what they do. However, I do believe that Gilli has
made a point (maybe too well), that some people will do what they are
interested in and that there are some areas yet to be discussed.

And directly to Gilli, I say this:

The insignia you have been "producing" for the Kingdom are an insult to
the people who get them. A cheap, cookie cutter insignia is worse than
getting an award without the insignia. Bjornsborg was sent a bunch of
your "insignia"  for the awards given at our October event. As far as I
know, each and every one of them will be replaced, or already have been,
by insignia made with love and an appreciation of the meaning of the
award.

How do you know that the insignia was a "cheap, cookie cutter"?? Gilli's
job sometimes gives him several hours in which he can do his leather work.
If you have never seen the Herald's Court Book that he made for Middleford,
I would recommend that you come to Ice Axe and take a look at it. Gilli has
been recognized for his leatherwork and does not just stamp isignia, but
works several hours doing each one by hand.

This is whole insignia thing of yours is getting very old and tiresome.
If there were a way to block messages from an individual on this list I
would  surely take advantage of it.

And yours would be the loss, Gilli may get on people's nerves, but to
ignore anyone's opinions is to lose the outlook of another. Sometimes even
the most hated person can mention an important item that has been
overlooked.

There is so much more that I would like to say, but I will not do so.

Ivar