SR - Southern Champions (?) Many questions

Elisabeth Zakes ezakes at planview.com
Wed Mar 17 12:26:34 PST 1999

On Wednesday, March 17, 1999 2:17 PM, Keith Hood
[SMTP:keith_dell at hotmail.com] wrote:
> but so far nobody has addressed the real point of my last post on this

> subject.  I don't really care what the winner of this maybe-tourney is

> called.  What I want to know is, what is the winner supposed to *DO*?

> Is the 'championship' a strictly ceremonial office, or will it carry
> some kind of actual authority in regional or kingdom affairs?  Will
the
> 'champion' or what have you do nothing but stand near the throne
wearing
> an impressive necklace during courts, or will he/she/it actually be
> responsible for troop leading or something?
>

>       Tomonaga

I would like to see the Regional Warden, Warlord, or whatever, lead the
SR troops in battles, and sponsor (not necessarily run or steward)
regional melee practises. Ideally, this person would be a chief officer
in the army, along with other regional whatevers, commanded by the
Kingdom Warlord, and under the supreme commander, HRM. "Champion" could
be the rapier title, and the responsibility that goes with the office is
to handle the personal "attacks" that threaten the region.

Aethelyan
Bryn Gwlad