SR - Wanted--hyperkinetic warriors

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 16:55:28 PST 1999

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Does standing in a shieldwall make you itch?  In battle, when you attack
your first opponent, are you already picking out your next two targets?
Do you have good foot speed, a fair amount of agility, endurance to
spare, and the guts it takes to leap alone into an enemy shieldwall?

Then have I got a job for you.  In preparation for Gulf Wars IX, I want
to put together a light infantry unit.  We'll train in flanking
maneuvers, counter-flanking maneuvers, hit-and-run tactics, and
harassment techniques that allow small, fast units to cripple whole
armies.

If you're interested, email me at sirlyonel at hotmail.com with your
fighting stats.  I want to know your favorite weapons styles, your
fighting history, and why you think this is the unit for you.  I'll be
holding the first unit meeting at Crown.

To answer one unspoken question, yes, I would like to include some
archers in this unit.  They'll have to be able to load, aim, and fire on
the run.

A few major caveats:

(1) I'm not much of a runner, but on the battlefield, I move a lot
faster than most fighters.  I'll expect this unit to keep up with me.
Endurance is more important than speed.

(2) This is not an endeavor for anarchists.  If you can't follow orders,
you'll just get in the way.

(3) This is also not an endeavor for lone wolves.  The members of this
unit will *always* have their asses on the line.  Teamwork and
communication are an absolute necessity.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace