SR - Let's Get Things Moving

Michael Scofield ivar_runamagi at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 11:26:39 PST 1999

Pendaran wrote:

>	Greetings All,
>
>	Okay, so we've got a lot of ideas flying around and good discussion
>going, I think that we need to assess the facts and move forward with
the
>southern champions idea. To that end, I have a couple of questions:
>
>	1.) Do we in fact have serious volunteers to serve as steward of the
event?

I can answer definitely yea for myself, and I can see no reason for
Isobel to say no, but I will not answer for her.
>		(Ivar and Isobel please answer yea or nay.)
>
>	2.) Assuming that the answer to the question above is yes, when can
the steward(s) begin the process of putting the event together? (getting
a date, finding a site, building an event staff, etc.) I know that the
answer to that question is "after Lyonesse" but can we get a better idea
than that?

Well, from my standpoint, the gathering together of staff has already
started. And to nail down a date that we will get a date, find a site,
etc. is last week. There have been many postings discussing getting a
date, who will sponsor the event etc. on this list. HOWEVER, none of
this will mean anything if ALL of the groups do not have a chance to
discuss this idea. Although there has been a great deal off discussion
on-line, there has been zilch discussion off-line. Therefore, all
activities are really in the _let's talk about it_ stage. And as soon as
all of the groups get a chance to discuss it on- and off-line, it will
remain at that stage.

>	3.) We have two volunteers to run the tournaments (Piet the light and
myself the heavy); are those volunteers acceptable?

Acceptable for what? :-)

>	4.) Is there anything else that we need to determine in order to get
things moving?

Yes, does the populace of the region, not just those of us on-line, want
to do this?

>	I'm not trying to rush things or push anyone, but I am a firm
>believer in action. If all we do is talk about it, it won't happen. I
think that we have the potential to put together an amazing event, and
realizing the huge amount of work that goes into the planning, I think
that we need to get started sooner than later.

>	Pendaran

I agree, however, just like the name for the region, and the idea of a
principality, we absolutely must have input from as many people as
possible before we go running off into wherever.

Ivar, trying to get ready for Lyonesse, and lots of other stuff, too,
Runamagi
Bjornsborg