SR - Let's Get Things Moving

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sun Mar 7 10:37:23 PST 1999

On 5 Mar 99, at 11:40, Dennis Grace wrote:

> Salut Cozyns,
>
> Master Daniel says:
> >I might also suggest "Marshal" or "Constable", but the former has
> >SCA connotations and the latter real-world ones.  "Warden" ...
> >an excellent choice.  Many thanks, Charles!
>
> And "warden" *doesn't* have modern connotations?

while some things are historically appropriate and "period", common sense
should dictate that care be used in some circumstance ... in this case we have
a suggested term that some have unfortunate modern connections ...

as a individual who belives in "power through" vs "power over" i would have as
much trouble respecting a modern, mundane "warden" as would my historical scots
cousins would have respecting the "wardens" imposed upon by the english
oppressors.

all in all, it would be a bad choice in terminology that would best be avoided.

what exactly is wrong with the usual term "champion" or "warlord" ??? ... no
need to further muddy already murky waters.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves