SR - Let's Get Things Moving

ldcharls at swbell.net ldcharls at swbell.net
Sun Mar 7 16:57:16 PST 1999

Jan Van Zandt wrote:

> While all of that is interesting and informative, not all of us play
> English or Scottish personnas.   If our region comes to be called
> "Campoleon", which is Spanish, then the Champions have a
> English/Scottish title.  I wouldn't expect all of the champion titles to
> be in Spanish either.  Actually there are very few Spanish personnas in
> this area, but the name does have a nice ring to it.

  Yes, but we use some Scots symbology and usages, most notably the
Thistle, despite our Kingdom's name being in Welsh. I fail to see why
aelecting a Spanish name for our Region (should it become a
principality) would prevent the use of the Scots/English term of Warden
for our champions.
  For that matter, the term 'warlord' has negative connotations in
modern context. Should we be so 'politically correct' as to not use any
medieval title that we fear might annoy a few folks, wouldn't this one
also have to go?
  I would think it would be best to consider our titles in their
medieval contexts, rather than yield to kind of small-minded
scapegoating of words that obtains in the mundane press.

Ld Charles MacKinnon
Bryn Gwlad