SR - Let's Get Things Moving

Jan Van Zandt mysticmarks at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 13:08:09 PST 1999

>>>  For that matter, the term 'warlord' has negative connotations in
>>>modern context.
>> ???????????????
>
>  .
>
>!, even.
>
>The connotations I have for "warlord" is "vicious petty dicator
>usurping control over a region of a country".  The examples that
>come to mind are China in the 1920s and Somalia in the 1980s and 1990s.
>
>Daniel de Lincolia

If every person in the SCA was as well read and informed as you, I could
see how using the term warlord might be a problem.

Hmmmm...wonder if we took a survey of SCAers and/or mundanes, how many
would know anything about the examples you refer too...it's just a
thought. :)  And I'm most definitely not volunteering to take on such a
task.

Jan