SR - Southern Champions (?) Many questions

ldcharls at swbell.net ldcharls at swbell.net
Wed Mar 17 08:00:44 PST 1999

Keith Hood wrote:
> but so far nobody has addressed the real point of my last post on this
> subject.  I don't really care what the winner of this maybe-tourney is
> called.  What I want to know is, what is the winner supposed to *DO*?
> Is the 'championship' a strictly ceremonial office, or will it carry
> some kind of actual authority in regional or kingdom affairs?  Will the
> 'champion' or what have you do nothing but stand near the throne wearing
> an impressive necklace during courts, or will he/she/it actually be
> responsible for troop leading or something?

  I, for one, would like to see our Regional champions be leaders of the
Region. Our fighting Champions should be a war-leader, and our artistic
Champions be teachers and instructors and an example to the artisans,
craftsmen, and performers of our Region.
  I feel that this would be for the betterment of our Region and our
Kingdom. We have enough ceremonial titles and honors already, let us
instead make this a role with duties worthy of the best our Region has
to offer.

Ld Charles MacKinnon
Bryn Gwlad