SR - Southern Champions (?) Many questions

Brent & Susan Rachel hbrache at texas.net
Sat Mar 20 13:26:41 PST 1999

> >CADET1313 at aol.com (CADET1313 at aol.com) said something that sounded like:
> >>  >i like cavalier or courtier what about you?>
> >>  I vote for the Cavalier.  It has a nice....ring to it.
> >> Thank you Sosha  I did too  :o)

I personally don't like Cavalier..., cause I'm not one.

I stick by my "9 Worthies" suggestion.  The tourney concept is period.  The 9
worthies tournament hosted by Stargate was once one of the premier tournaments
in this Kingdom.

We need not "name" the worthies as that tournament did, but could acknowledge
the 3 worthiest participants in Armored combat, rapier combat, and A&S.  This
recognition as one of the "Nine Worthies of [the Southern Region]" would be
great word fame. The respect they garner would be commensurate with their worth
(prowess, behaviour, comportment....), not an arbitrary title. We could
encourage all to heap largesse upon them, and encourage them to do as much as
they can in the name of the [southern region].

If it is their behaviour and prowess and personae and honor we want to
recognize..., then we don't really need vaunted titles anyway..., do we? Victory
in such a tournament as I suggest would serve to "recognize" their worth rather
than merely bestowing upon them some title that won't apply to the personae of
more than 40% of the entrants, anyway.  Being judged "worthy" is sufficient, in
any language.

Kazimir Petrovich Pomeshanov