SR - How many stewards does it take...?

Dory Grace amazing at texas.net
Sun Mar 21 12:03:19 PST 1999

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Gilli says:
>The United States Army does the same thing all the time, with more *groups*,
>over longer distances, with possibly far more at stake than a few dollars.
>
>As long as the autocrat, steward, leader commander or whatever you call the
>person in charge, 1) delegates responsibilities and periodically checks on
>his subordinates progress / problems; 2) the subordinates that have been
>deligated resposibilities know what those responsibilities are and how to
>accomplish them, 3) the weather cooperates and 4) the populace attends then
>the event will happen.

Lyonel cannot speak to this particular example, but Dennis Grace can.

Lousy example.  The military spends money faster than most people could
manage to burn it.  Moreover, we also lost more soldiers in operation
Desert Storm to safety incidents than to enemy fire. Not exactly a model of
efficiency.

Dennis Grace former ETC(SS) USN