SR - Next SR Meeting

Jan Van Zandt mysticmarks at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 14:57:17 PDT 1999

Gerard,
That is a good point, but I didn't mean it wouldn't work literally.

This type of virtual meeting is used successfully within the business
context and with trained professional moderators. Keep in mind that  on the
business level the people involved have careers and $$$ to consider, but in
the SCA context, you could be dealing with personalities (some of whom like
to argue or oppose simply for the sake of doing it) and literally have
nothing to lose that they value.

Unless some very explicit rules are set out and followed and there is a
strong moderator who can keep the discussion on task, I feel that it would
simply turn into a bantering back and forth between those people with
opposite opinions - just like on the lists.

HL Jan
trying not to oppositional - but ready to get this thing organized and on
the move. :)