SR - Response to Daniel's eloquence

Donal & Sosha catsden at texas.net
Thu May 6 19:18:31 PDT 1999

Daniel,
	Your words, as usual are eloquent and conscisely cutting.  I do stand
corrected and am more than happy to say "please" (will Oreos do?).  I
was under the impression by those wanting (panting is a good word as
well)a regional name that you were the name guru.  I have not had any
one forward a list or even the "two" proposed names to me, just that
"Daniel has all the names" or "Daniel is looking up the names".
	There was supposedly a big meeting to happen this weekend. The
meeting was to decide which names out of a countless myriad we were
supposed to be voting on.  The who and how many to meet and decide
this for the region was to be discussed as well. (confusing, isn't
it?) I will point out, at this time, that some of the discussions were
getting out of hand and no one had come to the point on-line that most
of the organizational work force (i.e. the branch Seneschals) was
already in place and happy to do the work of finding what the populace
wanted.  No committee needs to be appointed or approved.
	I am a blunt woman and happy to remain this way.  No decision on any
name is going to happen over night.  My comment on "not a democratic
Society" is true.  We are a volunteer organization, who do the work
because the need is there, but this is not "the person who gets the
most votes is King" type society.
	I believe the quote from MP is, "Well, I didn't vote for you!".  The
on line discussions were getting very vote happy and meandering.  This
is just a guide to the left.  We will now wander to the right and
eventually find the middle ground again.

Layd Sosha Lyon's O'Rourke