SR - Response to Daniel's eloquence

Donal & Sosha catsden at texas.net
Fri May 7 11:05:33 PDT 1999

Michael A Scofield wrote:

> Our illustrious SR Seneschal wrote:
> On Thu, 06 May 1999 21:18:31 -0500 Donal & Sosha <catsden at texas.net>
>
> The name list is in the Lion's Tale.

No one has sent me a copy or the name of the person to get in contact
with or even where to get this on-line information, though I have
asked several people several times.  It would be mighty helpful at
this end.

> The meeting this weekend is to discuss the needs and some planning for a
> Southern Regional Festival, which you would be very much involved since
> we have to get it calendared through you.

I had planned to be there for moral/more support, if necessary.  It is
certainly being worked on by very competent people who have handled
many events with deftness and finesse .

There will NOT be any
> discussion of the name or voting preferences at the meeting at Hero of
> the Temple.

THAT is a welcome relief to hear.

> I too am blunt,  the posting you first put out sounded much like you were
> telling all of us to shut up, and you would do it the way you wanted. I
> can recall a few others who have used that tone of voice on Ansteorrans
> in the past. Really not the way to have folks help you.

Ivar, that really wasn't a tone.  That was, to me, a statement of fact
to get things moving and only that.  The fact was that the Seneschal's
are in place to do the work that others had wanted to asign a
committee for and were getting rather hot and bothered over.  I only
step in if I think there are potential problems and a great mucking
around that really isn't necessary.  To me it is only a statement of
fact and a simple, very simple, plan of action following the chain of
command. (A chain that I would be handing of to the next level(30
seconds flat) as soon as I got all relevant information on said
names.)  I really shouldn't have NEEDED to step in at all if the
reason why the Seneschal's are here (to work with their group, promote
growth both locally and regionally, and working for the good of
Ansteorra and the SCA by add hearing to the laws and regulation of the
BOD (and a bit of common sense)).  There are a few other things but
this covers the basics on Seneschal 101.

> It is that way on the name of a region, principality, local group, etc.
> (if that name will pass the College of Heralds. And all of the names so
> far submitted have had the chances of passing assessed and published in
> the Lion's Tale, as was agreed upon many months ago -- thanks Aelfwyn and
> Daniel).

They do Excellent work, but see above statement on the Lion's Tale.  I
would love not to be stumbling around in the dark waiting to step in
those gross squishy bits.  That kind of stuff just sticks to the
inside of the toes and need to be thoroughly washed out.  Ugh!

Ivar, you are a person who has seen many people and things come and go
into the SCA.  You really are a person who is greatly respected and
listened to.  So I will certainly try in, respect to your venerable
years of service, try on the more pleasing tone of moderation with
many a please and thank you.  However, I am conscientious to the fact
that the Region needs to move along at a smooth pace.  Please do come
talk to me at the event so we can keep all tones and communications
open and friendly.  If I am tripping over the guide wires it isn't
from lack of not wanting a light. I would greatly appreciate your help
if you think that my method of delivery and lack of eloquence in
speech is less than musical to your ears on matters of importance to
the Region.

Lady Sosha Lyon's O'Rourke
SRS