SR - meeting at Hero of the Temple / Regional Naming

Aelfuyn at aol.com Aelfuyn at aol.com
Wed May 19 00:15:14 PDT 1999

Daniel wrote, sometime in the distant past:

<<  I did that mentally and realized -- you know, some of those
 > suckers are long.  "Viva Campo de las Estrellas!"  Fortunately, "Viva
 > Las Tierras Altas de Ansteorra del Sur" is a two-star; our people
 > would have to have leather lungs to shout that in one breath.

Remember, though, that the Spanish Names tend to get shortened in actual use:
San Antonio Valero de Something, La Ciudad de Los Angeles.  So if the Spanish
names were chosen, they'd end up in practical usage as one or two name
elements; e.g., Tierras Altas.

AElfwyn