SR - Online Meeting Feasability

Jan Van Zandt mysticmarks at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 20:11:51 PDT 1999

Jan asked:
> > I just want to know what kind of small details could be taken care of in
> > this manner??

Eirik replied:
>How about setting meeting dates and times? Also, some other admin. things
>that could be done by a smaller number of people.
>
>The time would have to take into account schedules for everyone involved.

Okay, let's see if I understand it -  we would need to set up a meeting in
order to set up a meeting??

My point is that we need to simplify the whole process.  We need to decide
who is going to be the person in charge and EVERYONE co-ordinate EVERYTHING
through that person.  That person should have the power to make those small
administrative decisions.  Then we could keep track of what is going on.  We
have a regional seneschal who has a ready-made committee of local
seneschals.  Why not use the structure that is already set up and keep it
simple?  I guess two of my pet peeves are over-organization (aka
bureaucracy) and a lack of delegation.

HL Jan