SR - meeting at Hero of the Temple / Regional Naming

Eirik eirik at n-link.com
Mon May 10 16:43:38 PDT 1999

> I like the idea of a survey. But I agree that non-paid members should have
> a vote in the name.

We should limit survey questions or we could have 15 names and 100 survey
questions to vote on.

> No formal or final borders were decided. But the name is for the current
> region, so all folk living in the current SR should be given the
> opportunity to vote.

I agree with this, the groups that border us and might wish to join in
future would have a say when the name is made offical for other purposes.

> My proposal was that the ballot include three, four, and five star names.
> That gives us lots of choice without making it impossibly long. Should we
> include a "None of the Above," let people write it in on their own, or
> leave it alone?

I think we would do better by just adding a "None of the Above", given the
direction of the names on the ballot being the ones with the best chance of
being registered. Otherwise we could get names that have not been looked at
by Daniel and company and require a lot of time to research.

Eirik