SR - meeting at Hero of the Temple / Regional Naming

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Tue May 11 19:46:07 PDT 1999

On Tue, 11 May 1999, Donal & Sosha <catsden at texas.net> wrote:
> tmcd at jump.net wrote:
> > Here, let me stir some bunnies some more -- howzabout expatriates?
>
> ... If I am not mistaken anyone can vote who has access to e-mail or
> a stamp.  That is how I read the voting procedures.  Daniel, is this
> not the reason why a multi choice vote was offered?  Please write if
> I miss read the procedures.

I suggested the multi-choice vote just to make balloting and counting
easier -- to wit, one vote, no runoffs.  I don't see "how" as having
anything to do with "who".

Further, you said you were making the decisions in re voting.  That
means that what Daniel suggested may or may not be operative (to use
Nixonese).

> Most people who live in the SR certainly are glued to their
> computers and this list or their best friends.

Ooo-er!  I didn't think of gluing myself to my friends!  Sounds fun!
(Yes, we know what you mean.  I don't pass up straight lines.)

> I had planned to send to the Seneschals the information as presented
> in the Lion's Tale to be voted on with out any further time being
> wasted.

EEEEP!  I wanted to suggest a ballot and mailing!

Ballot:
Side one: simplified voting procedures, like

    The candidate names for the Southern Region are listed on the
    back.  Each has its language, approximate pronunciation, and
    meaning.

    This is a preference ballot.
    Find the one you prefer the most and put 1 beside it.  Your vote
goes to it first.
    Find the one you prefer next most and put 2 beside it.
    Continue until you run out of names you want the region to have,
then stop.
    "None of the Above" is treated as a normal name candidate.
    If you vote for it, your vote may get counted for it, so don't
vote for names you don't want to win.  Don't even rank them last;
don't put them after "None of the Above". If you want no name, or none
of those listed, mark "None of the Above" as 1 and stop.
    A space is provided for write-in votes.

Ballot side two: like I said above.  I'm still gathering pronunciation
data.

Seneschal's mailing: an explanation of preference balloting, a rework
of the Lion's Tale article.  Also, where to send the ballots.

> A ralling cry, picke out before hand, for each group at a meeting or
> fighter practice? :)

No, though there's a thought.  I was just imagining court: the "Viva
la Pueblo de Nuestra Se{n~}ora la Reina de Los Angeles!" problem.

Daniel de Lincolia, hurrying to log off because those thunderstorms
seem to be approaching
--
                   *** NEW HOME E-MAIL ADDRESS ***
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;