SR - ballots results

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Tue Nov 16 22:21:58 PST 1999

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, maddie teller-kook <meadhbh at io.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that a majority of the votes counted did NOT want a
> name.

A majority of the ballots cast had a vote for at least one
none-of-the-above name, so I wouldn't say "did NOT want [any] name".
More precisely: 2/3 of the votes did not list Campoleone (the
plurality) as a choice anywhere -- 2/3 of the votes did not want that
particular name.  It's not "A majority wanted no name", it's "A
majority didn't vote for the 'winner'".

I hasten to add that that's not an earth-shaking distinction.

Anyone can write the Crown with advice on what they should do in
considering these results.  I intend to do so.

Danielis Lindecolina
--
                   *** NEW HOME E-MAIL ADDRESS ***
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;