SR - Hope for Wrenne and the rest...

Casey&Coni weed at sage.net
Mon Nov 22 12:28:17 PST 1999

Regarding Meabhs appraisal of the situation, Wrenne wrote:

It seems quite apparent taht we as a reagion are not quite ready
>to make this decision for what ever reason.  I personally think it should
>be put on hold for now and concentrate on working together as a region
>first.

I have kept up with the goings on here on the list and I think there may be
another reason for the limited but vocal pessimism we've been seeing Wrenne;
do not lose faith.  I am completely behind the results we have despite the
fact that my favorite choices did not get chosen.  I think this is the case
in the majority but because of the flubbed ballot fiasco the first time
around we lost participation and involvement due to lack of faith in the
current system.  Many spoke their minds and felt that The Powers That Be
(TPTB hereafter) knew their mind well enough.

To shore up your faith in the direction this has been driving keep in the
fore that for *both* votes, regardless of red tape snafus, the result was
that Campoleone finished first.  I have an inkling that Bjornsborgs opinion
will soon be added to the current results and further predict that
Campoleone will remain in the fore (Bjornsborgers have a knack for being
heard, you know ;0).  If this turns out to be the case we will have had on
two occasions come to the same conclusion... is this really such a disparate
occurance?  Are we really as far apart from each other as many here have
said?  I think the answer, obviously, is 'no'.

What further encourages me is the number of people I've spoken with online
or in person who have said, "Campoleone wasn't my first choice but I'm
certainly willing to get behind it since it's the choice we made."   You
expect to hear the 'ever onward' cry from the people who chose Campoleone as
their first vote but I think you've got a special group of people who can
accept and respect a decision reached by the group as a whole so long as
they got their chance to speak up.

There's a lot of love out there in the southern region, Wrenne... it's
peekin out from around all these noisy issues like we're a familly around
the holidays.

Now if Meabh can just keep Ivar out of the oven til the turkey's done the
rest of us can get Pendaran away from the Cowboys game for a second, keep
Middleford from shooting holes in the new fence and get Tempio to shut up
about their deerstand...  and for gosh sakes who let the dogs out?  And why
don't Timos kids have their pants on??  Did you hear they think the water in
Fynnon Gath may be why Sir Corwin and his squires are a little... touched?
That's what Ravensfort side says, anyway... not that you can introduce them
to the Queen either, don't you know...  Kate!  Kaaaate!!!  Kazamir's chewing
on his cane agayun!

[end family busibody mode]

Happy Thanksgiving.... Campoleone [*duck* *WHOOSH* *DING* *Bam!* *splat*]