SR - ballots results

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Wed Nov 17 08:10:28 PST 1999

Brent Hanner wrote:

> gptaylor wrote:
> >
> > Our Seneschal and Landeds were in transition.  Was a one or two-populace meeting
> > time frame allowed?
>
> About 1 month and 2 weeks looks to have been allowed.  I would say you
> have a point of conflict only if the seneschall that recieved the ballots was
> not the one who was officially seneschall at the time of your populace durring
> that time span.

Okay...so what I read from this is...."Bad Bjornsborg!  No Cookie!  During your
seneschal transition, your seneschal missed an arbitrary deadline that spanned a
single populace meeting, and your group does not deserve to give input on a regional
name as a result."

Regarding the phrase, "Point of Conflict"....Conflict shouldn't be involved in
this...this name is supposed to help bring unity to the region.  But...conflict would
assuredly result if a group were excluded from voting under the circumstances
described above.

However...what is written above really doesn't apply to the true circumstances of
Bjornsborg's lack of participation, which I investigated last night.  Speaking as a
deputy seneschal of Bjornsborg under both Lady Nara of Fernwell (our outgoing) and
Lord Dominic MacNamara (our incoming)-  NEITHER of these people received ballots.
Rather hard to vote under these circumstances.

snippage

> Another note,  last time around it was complained that Bjorsburg didn't get
> much a chance to vote becuase of the baronial voting.

And this time, Bjornsborg (note spelling for future reference) didn't get any chance
at all.  And inquiries were not made as to why our group, which had been quite
involved in the naming process and prior voting, didn't respond before "final" tallys
were posted.

This remains an issue to be hammered out between regional and local seneschals, using
methods far more efficient than a public mailing list.

HL Isobel Grace Hadleigh
Deputy Seneschal, Bjornsborg