SR - ballots results

Michael Scofield ivar_runamagi at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 18 19:39:05 PST 1999

Lady Sosha wrote in response to Gilli:

>Because, Gill, this what happened last time...this is why we did it
>again...this time with me sending every seneschal an envelope with the
>correct address and stamps on the envelope.  We were hoping for a bigger
>and better turn out rate than last time...we had 12 more votes than last
>time.
>Sosha

Ivar here:

My question on this whole thing is WHY does the populace of Bjornsborg not
get to voice their opinion because a VOLUNTEER senschal forgot, for whatever
reason, to bring the ballots to
the only meeting that we had during _your_ chosen timetable.
That meeting was mainly directed at the upcoming event to
invest our new Baron and Baroness. Plus it was the meeting
where the office of seneschal was turned over. Lots of confusion,
and a very busy meeting.

Isn't part of the SR seneschal's job to help all of the groups,
not to be what appears to be dictatorial. If something as
important as selecting a name for the region is not going the
way everyone expected, perhaps a few inquires to the appropriate people
would be in order. To barge ahead, ignoring a sizeable
portion of the population of the region, just to keep an
arbitrary timetable, is very counter-productive.

And Gilli asks below, exactly what I wonder: why weren't the groups who
didn't send the votes to you contacted to find out what happened?

Ivar Runamagi
Bjornsborg

>Bob Dewart wrote:

<snip>
I'm also curious.  When the due date came and went, and only four of the
groups had reponded, why weren't the other four groups contacted to see what
their vote status was?  I'm sure there was a good reason.  I'd just be
interested in knowing what it was. :)