SR - Regional event proceeds

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Oct 26 08:30:37 PDT 1999

>Last I had heard was a forboading of a possible loss.
>Gilli

Wow...that's a new one on me.

With as low as site cost, priveys, etc, are going to be, Ivar and I'd have to be
piss poor planners to have that happen.  Currently, Lord Nickolas is compiling a
list of costs for the event.  With that in hand, we'll be able to come up with a
break-even number of folks at various site costs and figure out what to charge
at gate.  We are trying to minimize profit and cost...but not so extremely that
we will easily have a loss.  The same goes for feast, though with that, we know
how many we are cooking for and, therefore, how much to charge.

Pretty much, any proceeds will be split between sponsoring groups.  Groups that
sent in a letter to Sosha (SR seneschal) saying they wanted to be sponsoring
groups took financial responsibility for the event.  IF something horrible
happened and we were left with feast costs and privy costs and had no income,
these groups would share the financial burden.

Everyone who spent money on the event will be reimbursed.  Then the sponsoring
groups will share whatever profits there are.  If the sponsoring groups want to
band together and spread the money more widely, this is their prerogative.  I
hope that we manage to estimate so well that we won't have more than a couple of
hundred over, if possible.  If, however, we get lots more people than we expect,
we'll make more money.  Our GUESS is that we'll have around 300 at this
event...but we'll estimate the breakeven with a smaller number, so that in case
of rain, we aren't automatically toasted....

Isobel