SR - Naming of the Southern Region

Kevin Varner KVarner at planview.com
Thu Sep 16 05:26:25 PDT 1999

As one of the ballot counters I was very surprised to see only 80 ballots
from the entire region. I guess a look on the bright side would be that it
is a higher response rate than the Corporate (SCA-wide) sponsored surveys
usually get (less than 10%). I know that in Bryn Gwlad, our Seneschal (Pug)
made repeated announcements at meetings and Fighter Practices that he had
ballots and when to turn them in. I do not know how the other groups in the
region handled it. Master Daniel's comment about the preference ballot is
correct. We were hoping to avoid having to do this again. With Campoleone
taking 38 out of 80 possible is not a clear majority. However, after the top
3 names (Campoleone, Thornwald, and Sibilla) the curve drops sharply.

Duncan MacConacher
Bryn Gwlad

(snipped)

That is all well in good. So we are basing our decision on 80 ballots?  How
does that number compare with total membership of the region?  I think
getting only 80 ballots says a lot about interest in naming the region.
There isn't much there.....

Meadhbh