SR - Re: SR 80 ballots

Brian & Pam Martin twinoak at texas.net
Thu Sep 16 16:24:14 PDT 1999

I sure hope some of the ballots did disappear, but after what I've heard
about the distribution techiques, I'm not surprised.  I am a teacher and
when it comes to getting people to fill out a form and turn it back in, you
must do it in one sitting.  If you hand out a form and then don't collect
them the same day - forget it.  This is something that most folks would
never think about, but is an everyday occurrence for teachers.
\
OK, lots of folks have expressed concerns, and questioned the # of ballots

 so how about a quick solution.

Between now and Oct 31 the southern region is hosting an event almost every
weekend.  Why not throw out the 80 and put a concerted effort into doing it
one more time with a deadline of Oct 31.  Now that folks are "lit up" about
it they are much more likely to fill out the darned thing and turn it back
in.   I'm going to Ravensfort, Bjornsborg, Bryn Gwlad (duh) and Tempio this
next month.  I'd be happy to pass out and collect forms in addition to the
seneschalls taking another hit at it at their local populace and fighter
practices.  I can also make the copies of the forms to be handed out.  Send
the form to me here at home and at work
MartinP at leander.isd.tenet.edu
I'll make 200  copies and take them to Ravensfort this weekend and give a
handfull to any seneshcalls/B&B's  I see.

Jehanne d'Avignon