SR - Southern Regional Festival

Marlin Stout ldcharls at swbell.net
Mon Apr 3 15:13:00 PDT 2000

Brian & Pam Martin wrote:

> I do have one question, and I'd like people's opinions. While there was a
> core group of people who worked to make the event happen, there seemed to be
> a great deal of apathy from a large portion of the regional population.

  I think we had a lot of help from the folks who are always working at their
local group's events, and not a lot from everyone else. Most things went very
well, Isobel and Ivar did a great job, Clarissa and Maeve worked their usual
magic on the feast, and most of the activities were entertaining to watch.
  I do wonder what happened to the folks who were supposed to run the gate, it
would also have been nice for more folks to have volunteered to sit shifts at
the gate, so that Ly Phoebe and I didn't end up sitting the whole night, till
6am or so. Thanks for all those who DID help out with gate, I'm sure Phoebe
appreciated your assistance.
  All in all, it was a good event. Now let's do it again ;-)

Ld Charles MacKinnon
Bryn Gwlad