SR - heraldic workshop

Wendy Erisman wendye2 at admin.stedwards.edu
Fri Feb 4 06:59:51 PST 2000

The Bryn Gwlad Herald's Guild is sponsoring an all-day heraldic workshop
for beginning heralds on Saturday, February 12. This workshop is intended
for new or prospective local pursuivants and will focus on the basic
knowledge needed to function in the local herald's office. We will also be
administering the brand new warranting test for those who wish to take it.

The site for this workshop (courtesy of the Shire of Tempio) will be the
Ronald MacDonald House at 2415 S. 47th St. in Temple. A map to the site is
available on Tempio's web page at:
http://www2.stonemedia.com/tempio/
This workshop is free and modern dress is the order of the day. Please
bring a brown-bag lunch if you want to play heraldic bingo with us (there
are also restaurants close to the site).

The schedule for the day will be:
10 AM		Welcome to the College of Heralds
11 AM		Vocal Heraldry
12 PM		Awards, Regalia, and Precedence
1 PM		Brown-Bag Lunch (featuring Heraldic Bingo)
2 PM		Building a Local Library
2:30 PM	Basic Name Construction
3:30 PM	Armory 101
4:30 PM	Introduction to Conflict-Checking
5:30 PM	Q&A Session

At the end of the day, we plan to adjourn to a nearby restaurant for dinner
and conversation.

For more information, please contact HL Gwenllian at (512) 346-6305 or
wendye2 at admin.stedwards.edu.

HL Gwenllian ferch Maredudd, Armillary Herald
Barony of Bryn Gwlad, Kingdom of Ansteorra