SR - Re: ANST - mistake in bardic charter

John Ruble ulfie at swbell.net
Mon Jan 24 20:45:11 PST 2000

Her Grace Duchess Willow wrote:
<snip>
> bardic competition. I hope we can change that . I noticed that your
> Charter is different from the one I put  out. This is a little confusing.
...<and snip>
> is room for compromise between the two stands. But if this charter is to
> supersede the earlier one then please take my name off. I do not support
> the stand of "NO AID". THIS WAS NOT THE CHARTER I PUT MY NAME ON!!

Your Grace,

The document that Lady Simone published at my direction was the same
document you handed me at Kingdom Eisteddfod (albeit with one big typo of
the word 'not', some misspellings, and capitalization errors...)  In the box
you gave me were several more copies of that same document as well as copies
of your end of tenure reports.  The charter copies are very prominently
noted as being signed by Daffydd and Octavia at your behest.  No other
charters were in your box.

I was under the impression, both from these facts and your words, that what
you handed me was the charter as signed by Their Majesties.  If I am
mistaken in this I apologize.

I am copying the Kingdom Seneschals (old and new) to see if they have a copy
of the charter signed by the Crown so we can determine which one is actual
law.

I have not taken it upon myself to change the signed Word of the Crown, and
stand ready to defend myself against any such challenge that may be
forthcoming.

Ulf Gunnarsson, OL
Premier Bard of Ansteorra