SR - Marines: Gotta love 'em!

Carolyn Smith Pennington mara_of_rede at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 20:06:09 PST 2000

By the time a Marine pulled into a little town,
every hotel
room was
taken.

"You've got to have a room somewhere," he
pleaded. "Or just a
bed, I don't
care where."

"Well, I do have a double room with one occupant,

a Navy guy,"
admitted
the manager, "and he might be glad to split the
cost. But to
tell you the truth, he snores so loudly that
people in
adjoining rooms have complained in the past. I'm
not sure it'd
be worth it to you."

"No problem," the tired Marine assured him. "I'll

take it."

The next morning the Marine came down to
breakfast bright-eyed
and bushy-tailed. "How'd you sleep?" Asked the
manager.

"Never better."

The manager was impressed. "No problem with the
other guy
snoring, then?"

"Nope, I shut him up in no time." Said the
Marine.

"How'd you manage that?" asked the manager.

"He was already in bed, snoring away, when I came

in the
room," the Marine explained. "I went over, gave
him a kiss on
the cheek, said, 'Goodnight, beautiful,' and he
sat up all
night watching me."

=====
HL Mara of Rede