ANST-Announce - Stefan's files for April

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Mar 27 20:59:24 PST 2000

Greetings to the Known World,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for April.

I am always looking for additional good articles that might be of
interest to folks around the Known World. If you have written one
for a local or other newsletter or for an Arts and Sciences entry,
please consider sending it to me. The copyright remains with the
author and I will update or remove it upon request by the author.

Also, some kingdom and principality mail lists have recently
become closed lists, which means I can no longer send this
article directly to those lists each month. If you do not see
this article on one of your lists, please feel free to forward it.
If it is not a closed list and you think it should be sent there,
please notify me. If it is a closed list and you would like
to volunteer, let me know and I will forward it to you in the
future to forward to your selected list.

If you have suggestions on new features of the Florilegium you
would like to see or topics you think should be covered but aren't,
please send me email.

Stefan

----------------------------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past ten years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and
articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this
information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

Files that are new or have been updated are indicated by a special
marker in the filelists at the website. In addition, the file
-updated-files is a listing of these files in chronological order.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in most sections of the
website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word 6.0 or text formats.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

    Ld. Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan at florilegium.org
    Ansteorra                             RSVE60 at email.sps.mot.com

The new files for this month are:

under CHILDREN:
   chd-ck-clsses-msg   ChildrenÕs cooking classes.
under FOOD:
   steaks-msg          Period grilled steaks. Descriptions.
under FOOD-BOOKS:
   16thC-cookbk-bib    A bibliography of 16th C. cookbooks.
under FOOD-BREAD-GRAINS:
   pancakes-msg        Period pancakes and pancake-like foods.
under FOOD-VEGETABLES:
   lovage-msg          A medieval vegetable similar to celery.
under PEOPLE AND PLACES:
   Arthur-msg          The King Arthur legends. The "real" Arthur.
under PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES:
   gardening-msg       Period and modern gardening techniques.
under RELIGION:
   indulgences-msg     Use of "indulgences" by the Church in period
   pilgrm-badges-msg   Medieval pilgrim badges. Referances.
under SCA-EVENT-PLANNING:
   hotel-events-msg    Holding SCA events in hotels. Suggestions.
under SCA-STORIES:
   Mordona-arbed-art   Mordonna DuBoisÕ adventure at Estrella.
   SCA-stories3-msg    SCA stories related after 5/1/96.
under TEXTILE ARTS:
   dye-list-art        A list of period plant dyes by Moriel.

Here are a few of the files which have had significant additions:
   bathing-msg        Bathing and cleanliness in the Middle Ages.
   cook-ovr-fire-msg  Cooking over open fires. Outdoor feasts.
   Drach-hist-msg     Histories of the Kingdom of Drachenwald.
   dyeing-msg         Russian food. Russian cookbooks.
   roast-pork-msg     Cooking pork roasts. Medieval recipes.
   textiles-msg       Medieval cloth. Silks, wool, cotton, linen.
---
Copyright 2000, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.

<end>
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net