ANST-Announce - Steppes Warlord - Equestrian Games

Brent_Ryder at stream.com Brent_Ryder at stream.com
Sat May 20 06:01:31 PDT 2000

First Steppes Equestrian Games
Warlord XXVII, Canton, Texas from May 26th - 29th

Greetings good gentles,

Who will win the first ever equestrian games of the Steppes?
Have you mastered the skills of the joust? Then come and meet us on the
tiltfield. There will be prizes for Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced
Riders.

Steppes Warlord will be hosting equestrian games on 27th and 28th of
May 2000. We will have a variety of games.

On Saturday, after morning Court, we will have games of Saracen
Heads, Rings,Pig Sticking, Javelin toss, and Rescue the Maiden.
On Sunday we will have more games of skill which will be chosen by
the riders in attendance.

We have no horses for beginners in the Barony at this time, so please
call me if you are looking to authorize or ride without your own
mount. I can put you in touch with persons who can be bribed with
service or other arrangements.

Please reserve by May 23 if you are bringing a horse. We will be
providing hay (costal) and water for all the horses from Friday night until
Monday morning. There is ample space for picketing or portable pens
but there are no stables on site.

Steppes will be providing breakfast and lunch for Horse Camp on
Saturday and Sunday. We will also have a few people to help you when
you arrive. Horse camp is just past the toll booth. A Neg. Coggins
certificate (no older than 12 mos.) is required for all equines on site.

The following people are helping me organize Steppes Warlord. Patric
de Long Coeur (pbureau at home.com) is organizing ground crew and
grooms; Gabriel Rene de Bernard is organizing (jude2000 at aol.com) the
list and maintaining the pavilion.

In Service,