ANST-Announce - Stefan's files for June

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed May 31 10:05:21 PDT 2000

Greetings to the Known World,

Enclosed is a copy of my Florilegium article meant for June
publication. This article details what is new in my Florilegium
files for June.

I am always looking for new articles and bibliographies that
would be of interest to those in the SCA. If you have one that
you think would be of interest, please contact me.

If you find a bad link or a problem with the Florilegium, please
let me know. What I don't know about, I can't fix. The Florilegium
gets changed and updated almost every day and errors do creep in.

If you have suggestions on things you would like to see in the
Florilegium or new topics you'd like to see, again please email
me. We are working on an internal search engine, for instance,
and hope to have it online in the future.

Thanks.
  Stefan

-------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past ten years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and
articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this
information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

Files that are new or have been updated are indicated by a special
marker in the filelists at the website. In addition, the file
-updated-files is a listing of these files in chronological order.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in most sections of the
website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word or text formats.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

    Ld. Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan at texas.net
    Ansteorra                             RSVE60 at email.sps.mot.com

The new files for this month are:
Under CLOTHING:
   sum-clothing-msg    SCA clothing for hot weather.
Under COMBAT:
   merch-chainml-msg   Chainmail merchants and supplies.
Under COMMERCE:
   p-prices-srcs-art   Sources for period price information.
Under CRAFTS:
   wood-utensils-msg   Making and finishing wooden utensils, mugs.
Under FOOD:
   fd-decoratng-msg    Decorating and presenting period foods.
   fd-monks-msg        Food of medieval monks.
   pies-msg            Period pie crusts, meat and fruit pies.
   potted-foods-msg    Cooked foods put in pots and sealed w. fat.
Under FOOD-BREADS-GRAINS:
   sops-msg            Slices of bread soaked in a sauce.
Under HERALDRY:
   p-heralds-msg       Period heralds. Oaths for heralds.
   voice-herldry-msg   "Voice" heraldry in period and the SCA.
Under PLANTS AND HERBS AND SPICES:
   vanilla-msg         The vanilla bean in late-period Europe.
Under SCA-EVENT-PLANNING:
   waterbearing-msg    Water and beverage distribution at events.
Under UNCATALOGUED:
   SCA-dishes-art      "A Guide to making the most out of the SCA
                          and its members" by Kim Huett. (humor)

Here are a few of the files which have had significant additions:
   bladesmithing-msg Steel sources, making knives and swords.
   chainmail-msg     Making chainmail. Mail armor. Referances.
   children-msg      Children in the SCA and period.
   crown-cost-msg    The monetary and other costs of being a
                        crown in the SCA.
   meat-pies-msg     Period meat pies. Recipes.
   merch-books-msg   Directory and reviews of book merchants.
   museums-msg       Experiences in museums by SCA people.
   names-Norse-msg   Sources and comments on Norse names.
   SCA-noteables-msg 20th century noteables in the SCA.
---
Copyright 2000, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.

<end>