SR - Here's the address....

JEvans5420 at aol.com JEvans5420 at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 08:53:11 PDT 2000

The mad King could be considered the great grand daddy of the SCA for his endevors.  What are we doing when we play dress up?  Are we trying to actualy recreate the middle ages?  How many of us are willing to contract the plague or disentary for the weekend to actually "feel" the middle ages?  How is swinging a rattan club like wielding a sword duing the battle of Hastings?  How is poking with a blunted wire the same as fencing in old Italy?  How is a medieval castle built in 18th century Germany, or modern Austin period.  It is because we wish it to be.  We believe it to be.  Now, whether this castle is authentic, or not is not really the question.  But, if you wish to assault it to see if it can withstand an attack, I'm sure the inhabitants would be willing to dump hot, burning oil on you from the tower.

Harry