SR - A Name Suggestion for the New Army

Amanda Lewanski editor at texas.net
Wed Apr 4 15:49:10 PDT 2001

Lady Elsebetha von Hoffmann of Thuein wrote:

> How about The Guardians/Army/Forces of the Southern Cross?  Navigationally
> speaking, two of the main stars that travelers used to find their way around
> was the North Star and the Southern Cross.........and it has a nice ring to
> it...lol..it also goes with Ansteorra........

If we *must* have something Colorful and Cute and not simply descriptive, why
not name the army in some fashion in honor of the great, grizzled old warmonger
Riccardo? The Pisan Army? Army of the Lion? Something like that? Who says the
meaning must be *obvious*? Let's name it after Riccardo, and if anyone wonders
about why Ansteorra fields a Pisan army, well, break out the beer and let's tell
'em.

--Alisandre