[Southern] ***SCA at the Austin Celtic Music Festival***

Lord Evets von Drachenklaue LordEvets at Austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 25 15:55:37 PDT 2001

Time is running short. I still need more volunteers. If you would like to
volunteer for any aspect of the demo please send me your full SCA and
mundane names. I will put you on the list. I have a schedule setup for the
SCA's activities at the festival. The festival is on November 3rd (Sat) and
November 4th (Sun) 11am-10pm and is located at the Fiesta Gardens, 2101
Bergman Drive, downtown Austin. There will be plenty of time between the
scheduled work times to enjoy the rest of the festival. I have had the
opportunity to listen to several of the bands playing during this festival,
they are AWESOME! This should be a blast...

Fighters/Water-Bearers/Marshalls - Schedule
Saturday & Sunday
1pm-2pm - Group A
3pm-4pm - Group B
5pm-6pm - Group C

A&S Schedule
Saturday & Sunday
2pm-3pm - Group D
4pm-5pm - Group E

Setup/Tear Down Crew
8am - 11am Sat -- Setup
6pm - 8pm Sun - Tear down

Original message follows:

For those parties interested,

The SCA has been invited to the 5th Annual Austin Celtic Festival (ACF). The
ACF is an annual festival dedicated to promoting the Celtic culture of
central Texas. There will be musicians, artists, dancers, vendors, and this
year medieval re-enactors.

The ACF has graciously offered to admit any SCA member who would like to
help put on a demo during the festival for FREE. I have volunteered to be
the central point of contact for all SCA activities at the festival. The ACF
has already allotted the SCA an area to setup a fighting demo and an area
for a pavilion to rest our weary fighters and display A&S.

The festival will be held at Fiesta Gardens, just East of downtown Austin on
November 3rd and 4th.

If you would like to volunteer for the information booth, A&S displays, the
fighting demo, marshalling, water bearing, or setup/take down please contact
me via email at: LordEvets at austin.rr.com. I am compiling a list of
volunteers for the troll booth. If your name is not on the list you will
have to pay the regular admission rate to get in.
Also, for you vendors out there, if you would like to setup a booth at the
ACF please contact Cindy Berry for information. Her email address is:
cberry at austin.rr.com. Electricity is available. Booths are $25/day per
10'x10' space, electric hook up fees are $25.

For more information go to http://www.austincelts.org/festival_2001.html.  I
believe this will be a large festival and a great recruiting opportunity for
the SCA.

--Lord Evets von Drachenklaue
Seneschal, Shire of Ffynnon Gath