[Southern] Austin Celtic Festival

Hroowyna Standohtor ladyhroowyna at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 09:22:18 PDT 2003

Greetings,

It is three weeknds close, and I am in need of more light fighters.  If you want to volunteer please contact me and I will put you on the list.  I need all the volunteers names one week prior to this event so that name passes can be made.  (See my post below and the schedule )

Thank You,  Lady Hroowyna
Hospitaler, Shire Ffynnon Gath

For those parties interested,

The SCA has been invited to the 5th Annual Austin Celtic Festival
(ACF). The ACF is an annual festival dedicated to promoting the Celtic
culture of central Texas. There will be musicians, artists, dancers,
vendors, and this year medieval re-enactors.

The ACF has graciously offered to admit any SCA member who would like
to help put on a demo during the festival for FREE. I have volunteered
to be the central point of contact for all SCA activities at the
festival. The ACF has already allotted the SCA an area to setup a
fighting demo and an area for a pavilion to rest our weary fighters and
display A&S.

The festival will be held at Fiesta Gardens, just East of downtown
Austin on November 1st and 2nd.

If you would like to volunteer for the information booth, A&S displays,
the fighting demo, marshaling, water bearing, or setup/take down please
contact me via email at: ladyhroowyna at yahoo.com   I am compiling a list
of volunteers for the troll booth. If your name is not on the list you
will have to pay the regular admission rate to get in.

Also, for you vendors out there, if you would like to setup a booth at
the ACF please contact Cindy Berry for information. Her email address
is: cberry at austincelts.org   Electricity is available. Booths are
$25/day per
10'x10' space, electric hook up fees are $25.

For more information go to: http://www.austincelts.org/festival/ .  I
believe this will be a large festival and a great recruiting
opportunity
for the SCA.

*Schedule for both days*   Gate open at noon.  Volunteer for day(s) and time

 12:30 Heavy Fighting Demo

 1:15 Light Fighting Demo

 2:00 Shoot a Squire Kids activity

 2:30 Heavy Fighting Demo

 3:15 Light Fighting Demo

 4:00 Shoot a Squire Kids activity

 4:30 Heavy Fighting Demo

 5:15 Light Fighting Demo

6:00 Shoot a Squire Kids activity

7:00 Heavy Fighting Demo

7:45 Light Fighting Demo

8:30 Shoot a Squire Kids activity (If time permits)