[Southern] Scribal tour of UHouston Special Collections

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 10:38:14 PST 2006

Scribes and friends,
This is it!  It's this weekend, March 25th - be there!!
Please RSVP if attending!

Arrangements have been made with the Univ. of Houston 'Special Collections' room at the M.D.
Anderson library, for a tour on March 25th, at 1pm.  (please be at the library at 12:45pm).
We will gather at the first floor, behind the main stairs, by the elevators.

A small selection from the holdings of Special Collections:
  Medieval manuscript books
  Pre-1501 books
...and a few sci-fi books that some maybe interested in, a list is found:
http://info.lib.uh.edu/sca/collections/snapshot.html
http://info.lib.uh.edu/sca/general/index.html

If you saw the 'Lustre' exhibit (thru Feb. 17th)<http://info.lib.uh.edu/sca/exhibits/current.html>
we maybe able to hold some of those great books in our very hands! (breath!)

If you are interested in joining me for this tour, *** PLEASE RSVP ***
so I can plan accordingly.  We are limited to 25 persons for the tour.

Directions: http://info.lib.uh.edu/about/directions.html
Map:http://www.uh.edu/cgi-bin/campusmap
Once you find M.D.Anderson library, and look east, the next large building is the student center,
just east of that is a faculty/staff parking lot (open to all on weekends, free), at entrance #1,
off Calhoun and University Rd.  If that lot if full, there is a large student lot, further east,
across the road from Calhoun.

For handicap parking, check with the information keosk on University St., you may be able to park
on the side street adjacent to the library.

Bring:  notepad, pencil (no pens please), valid photo id (Drivers License),
Cotton gloves for handling manuscripts if you have, some provided.
Personal belongings will be stored in lockers provided on-site.

See you all then,
Thanks, Hillary Greenslade
Stargate