[Southern] Gulf War Pity Party

Bob Dewart gilli at hot.rr.com
Tue Mar 6 19:06:50 PST 2007

Greetings,

Sorry for any duplications.

Are you not able to attend Gulf War this year?  Neither can we; but we're not going to mope about it.  While only a household event and in no way official, we'd like to invite one and all to a House Burkhaven Gulf War Pity Party and consol ourselves on our misfortune.

Festivities will start at 9 AM, Saturday 10 March at 294 Burk Rd, Killeen TX, with a breakfast of: scrambled eggs, hash browns, cream beef, corn beef hash, bacon, ham, biscuits, cinnamon rolls and assorted breakfast beverages.  The day will continue with assorted activities / competitions with prizes for the winners or folks can work on projects; a no pressure day.  Coffee and tea will be available all day.  At 7 PM we'll have a pot luck feast with us providing the meats (Gilli Loaf, chicken and brisket); plus a Birthday cake to honor those whose birthday is in March.  The fun will continue till we're no longer unhappy about not going to Gulf War.  Please feel free to bring the beverage of your choice to help ease your pain.

Limited crash space and camping are available.  Please let us know if you'll be attending so we'll have enough food and know your needs.  If you want to camp, you may show up after 5 PM on Friday.

We do ask a $1 donation which we use to make donations to our local libraries to purchase materials on the Middle Ages and Renaissance.  If you are unable to do the $1 donation, we'll take care of that.  There will also be a raffle during feast, $1 a ticket or 6 for $5; proceeds also go to the local libraries.

Directions:  Take your best route to 195 just south of Killeen. Take 201 toward the Regional Airport. Take the first right immediately after the little bridge. Go to the intersection and turn left on Reece Creek.  Turn right on Yates by the Roomin' and Groomin' dog kennel.  Turn right at the next street which is Burk.  We at the end in the Big metal building.

For more information go to:  http://home.hot.rr.com/burkhaven/

Or contact me privately.

Please excuse our dust as more construction is on going but shouldn't interfere with the fun.

Gilli

Burkhaven, An Odyssey of Learning
http://home.hot.rr.com/burkhaven/