[Southern] Atlantian moving to San Antonio Tx

LWright740 at aol.com LWright740 at aol.com
Wed May 6 11:09:21 PDT 2009

I just got confirmation of a job in San Antonio, TX.  I will  be  working
at Ft Sam Houston as a veterinary instructor at the Army Medical  Education
School training army veterinarians and medics.

While I graduated at a veterinarian in 1993, I have been  living on a
student budget for the last 4 years.   I went back to  school for my Masters in
Public Health and finish in a few weeks.  It has  taken 4 years with a one
year detour of Biomedical Phd  training.

I do some SCA but not as much as I used to in my 20's.  I still go to
events occasionally, but had to sell my pavilion and some of my camping gear is
in sad shape.  I have not had the time, money or space to work on medieval
arts recently.  I hope to do more once I get my feet under me in  Texas.

I am actively looking for  find a room to rent for 4 to 6   months. It was
suggested I try word of mouth as well as craige's  list.

I am moving on the cheap and would like to rent a room from someone until
I get this house rented and my feet under me.  Once I get a few pay  checks,
make the needed repairs, and get my Norfolk, VA house rented I can move
into my own place or find a roommate to share a  place.  My job will  have me
on the road 50% time so a roomie might be nice  so my cats won't be  lonely.

 I have two cats and would love to move with  them rather than  having to
fly them out in the 'fall.  If I can't find a  room with  them I may be able
to keep them with a friend until I get my own  place.  They are my family so
I would really like  to keep them  with me!

I  am a good deal!  I am 43, don't drink/drug or smoke, am  responsible,
and employed..  BTW I am single with no kids...well except  for the cats, but
they are adopted.  Wow if they weren't  wouldn't you hate  to see the
father....he would be a hairy dude!

I  would love to get to know some local people before moving there and hope
to get  involved.

In service to the dream,

Lady Lora Leigh

aka Laura Wright