[Spit-project] Idea about firebowls

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 09:07:32 PDT 2007

I think creating a spit with either an attached firebowl
or making a firebowl would be a good idea because so
many sites don't want you digging pits or have fire
restrictions.

The easies firebowl I know of is a 55 gallon drum on
legs. But that's a bit large for what I want.

I saw an interesting item that was either a firebowl
or cooler at Gulf Wars. A large spittoon had a clay pot
in it by a tripod over a fire. I can see putting coals in
a spittoon and then using the total ambient heat to
keep the clay jug warm. Conversly you could also
fill it with water and keep the contents of the jug
cool.

Ideas....

Gunthar